I've been practicing alot (more than I thought I would have time for actually) and I am getting more comfortable with my camera. However, I do have a few things to share related to what I've experienced/learned the past week or so.
1) Natural light is way better than artificial light.
2) Right now daylight is scarce.
3) When it's cloudy, grey and dreary, there's hardly enough light, especially when you are indoors taking pictures by windows (because it's too cold to be outside w/kids).
In summary, I'm looking forward to taking pictures in SPRING!!!
Oh, and something else that's been an unexpected side effect of all of this picture-taking: I'm getting really critical of pictures I see i.e. pictures I spent lots of $$ on from a "professional" portrait studio aren't actually very good. Like the focus is off, weird shadows, etc. Am I becoming a picture-snob??? I hope so, LOL!
Here are a bunch of random pics that I've taken and I don't have much specifically to say about them except they are the best of a HUGE amount that I've taken. Be glad I'm not showing you all of the bad ones. And thank goodness there's a delete button...
Yeah, she's showing that pig who's boss!
This one's funny b/c it looks like she's telling Josh something like, "what's the deal with that guy over there...yeah, the one who's always screaming and throwing stuff..."
Ethan "teaching" Moira how to use the iPhone.
My favorite picture! It seriously took me 100 tries to get this shot. This photography stuff is tougher than it looks!
Moira with my aunt Pris.
Keep your fingers crossed for a sunny day!
There are awesome video tutorials on you tube! Also have you been to froknowsphoto.com? It's REALLY helpful esp if you are a Nikon person. What are you shooting with?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip, I will def check those out. I have a Canon EOS Rebel T2i w/a 50 mm f/1.8 lens.
ReplyDeleteOH, so wonderful..What precious pictures. These are great, looks like you're getting the camera down good. Of course I don't know very much about photography, just what looks good to me. How can you go wrong with such darling subjects! Aunt Pris
ReplyDelete